Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wonderfully Made


I just want to take a minute and reflect on what a miracle this child is. He came to us missing one eye because the other was removed due to a tumor. He also had a facial cleft which caused him to have a congenital missing right nostril. After being home a short while, doctors found a benign brain tumor that needed to be removed as it was growing and bleeding in his brain. He has been sedated in the OR 21 times for major and minor surgeries, and exams under anesthesia. On top of this, he had significant developmental delays and the surgeries and anesthesia caused even more regression. Delays are common with children who begin life in an orphanage and his were compounded because of his medical issues.  He has endured so much, yet you would not know it to look at him. He takes on each day with a huge smile on his face. He loves life!! He is a miracle!! 
Noah has had an IEP to address his developmental delays since he was 3. He has done so well that the past two years the IEP was for consult only. He had an IEP meeting yesterday and it was determined by the team that he no longer needed an IEP at all!!! He is academically and developmentally on target....another miracle!! 

This life has defied the odds! He is a miracle and he was wonderfully made by a Loving Creator who has a very special plan for his life!



"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139: 13-16

1 comment: