Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Love and Sacrifice

I have been so so blessed this week by the generosity of friends and family. So many have taken the time to encourage us as we begin this new journey. Many have sacrificed and allowed us to see God's provision through their acts of kindness. We have received clothes for our kids, baby bedding, a meal, donations to our Adoption fundraiser and more. We also have had a couple of sweet friends approach us about doing fundraisers for us. Which would require so much time and effort on their parts. We are so thankful that they believe in adoption and are willing to sacrifice so much!

I have also seen God work in the hearts of my children who are totally willing to give up so much in their own lives in order to bring their brother home. My sweet Emmy loves dance. She dances 4 days a week at minimum. Dance is a huge part of her life to say the least. I was talking to her about the sacrifices that we may need to make in order to get baby M. here. She told me something that made my heart melt into 1000 pieces. She said, "mom, I love dance and I never want to have to give up dancing but.....if it comes down to it, I would give up dancing to get baby M home." Ohhhhhh I cried when she told me this because I know what a sacrifice this would be for her and one I would not ever want to have her make. But she gets it!!! She has visited orphanages, she has a brother and a sister who lived in an orphanage and she knows the transformation that takes place in the life of a child when they have a family! This is the greatest gift, knowing that I have a daughter who has a heart like His!!! :))

Thank you all so much for praying for us and walking this journey with us!

With Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I pray God is moved by her willingness to sacrifice and provides over and beyond what is needed. With our adoption it was amazing to see each title amount for each step come in right when it was needed. I have a dear friend / adoptive mama that I gave your blog information , her name is Elisabeth Westbrook and she has a heart for special needs adoptions, especially little ones with a down Syndrome. She has three of her own! Anyhow, she wants to help. I would also like to do something for you, I might need a little time to recuperate as I had surgery this morning. I will be in prayer as to what God would have us do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words Anna! I really appreciate you taking the time to write me! Also, Elisebeth contacted me and told me that she would like to help! It is amazing to see how God uses his people right when you need them!!!

      Sorry you had to have surgery. I hope you recover quickly!

      ~ Jennifer

      Delete