Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 1 at Maria Campi De Yoder

Yesterday was our first day visiting Maria Campi Orphanage. We toured the grounds and ate lunch before really getting to play with the kids. While  touring we were also looking for other ways we could help while we were here. We noticed washing machines and dryers but they were not in use because they could not afford the plumbing to have them hooked up. It is not a coincidence that Dave knows how to do this!! So we decided that we could buy these supplies and hook these up and get them working while we are here. Currently, they are washing all clothes by hand and hanging them to dry. So this will be huge for them and should also help with the lice problem.

When the kids arrived the day was filled with playing! There is a small courtyard where we played for hours with the kids. They loved the bubbles, parachutes and balls. They were so much fun it was hard to say goodbye. We are on our way back again this morning. I am looking forward to what God has in store for us today with these precious children!

Please pray for us today as we are with these children who have touched our hearts in such a short time and pray that we get these washing machines and dryers hooked up successfully!!

7 comments:

  1. So great to hear about your trip so far. That is awesome that Dave is able to help with the plumbing. Praise God! Praying for you and your team...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the machines hooked up?! Take tons of photos, I can not wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am a member of the team going to Quito in July and we are staying at the same place as you. How is it? Is there a washing machine? How many bedrooms? Filtered water?
    We stayed somewhere else last year. :) Thanks for any info you have!

    Sounds like Maria Campi was awesome for you guys!! We loved it there too.
    Cindy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the machines are all hooked up and working!! We had am amazing week and I will share all about it soon. I had a hard time blogging while in Ecuador.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    My name is Lukas Anderson I was an orphan at Maria Campi. As I am trying to trace back to my roots I was hoping I could start where I was until 2004. I am now 20 and live in the USA. I was privatley adopted at the time it was still legal to do that I dont believe that is the case today. I havent thought about going to a place I have called another life but I have been interested after watching a recent film "Lion" which follows a familiar path of my own. I keep looking online but get confused and cant find a way to contact the place. It is serial looking back at my past life as a child and seeing myself through your posts and were I used to be. If you can help in any way that would be awesome.

    Thank You,

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be glad to help you if I can. You can email me at jennifer@restore17.org

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete